Friday, February 7, 2014

Introduction

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jed and this is my cooking blog. 

Are you tired of making the same ten meals that you always make? Are you bored with the same crockpot crappola, but don't have a lot of time to make good food? 

I worked a 60 hour work week for seven years, and I had no time to make complicated meals. However, I love food and cooking and wanted to be sure that my family experienced wonderful, tasty meals. Over the course of twenty years, I have developed methods and recipes have that gourmet feel and flavor, but that you can still make during a hectic work week.

All of my recipes are easy enough that you don't have to fear cooking, whether its boeuf bourguignon or chocolate mousse. And I guarantee you will love the flavor and want to make them again and again!

While I will always try to make these recipes as simple as possible, cooking good food can be intensive, and takes some time. If you do follow my recipes, you will occasionally need to spend a few hours on the prep work! But I promise it will be worth it...

Each week I will do a video blog of a meal or cooking technique that you can add to your home dining repertoire. Look for the grocery list the week prior (so you can prep for next week's meal), as well as a one-page written instruction so that you can print it and have it with you while you cook. 

I do want to emphasize that I am not a professional chef. The most restaurant experience I have is working at a Blimpie's in college. But I have been cooking for over decade, teaching myself cooking techniques and perfecting my recipes. 

If you want to follow a professional chef and need some professional advice, I recommend that you follow my good friend Chef Natalie:

Chef Natalie's Facebook page

She is a professional chef in Denver that has trained in Europe (i.e. she knows what the heck she is doing and has the cred to back it up). She is a great resource for advice about cooking and for inspired dishes. 

I welcome suggestions and tips that you may have. Cooking has always been a learning experience for me and I always want to improve my techniques. 

I look forward to you joining me on this journey. Please be sure to tell your friends if you enjoy this video blog. I do hope that you enjoy the meals and I hope that you will feel like an effective culinarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment